Sunday, September 25, 2011

Loving life

I am back at school now and pretty much juggling academic work, enough sleep and enough money without much hassle. I like being like this. I like being busy, I like being occupied. It bothers me that I was never like this when I was starting university. Too fast, too much I would say (also indirectly quoting Jesse McCartney's song Crash and Burn).


I just like myself better these days. I am out there, I'm taking chances, I'm making new friends. School work does drive me insane but it feels a little like euphoria - like I'm used to the hustle and bustle and it all melts away into a well-timed symphony.

I'm volunteering and loving every minute of it - I volunteer to walk teaching dogs and I also volunteer to socialize with small animals. Even though I don't get paid, it is a very rewarding experience. I can't believe I didn't do it earlier. Especially socializing with small animals such as rabbits, rats and guinea pigs. I don't usually go in the rabbit room because they're very scared and shy - I go to the rats because they are all up for some lovin' and a few volunteers go to the rat room because well... they don't like them and they're not as cuddly and as appealing as the rabbits or guinea pigs (which are all lies, by the way. The rats are so cute).  And the rats are pathogen-free and will probably be the cleanest rats I will ever hold in my entire life, so I'm not complaining. And they like my singing... or so I think. I was whistling "Yesterday" by the Beatles when I was playing with them and they perked up and well, seemed to like it. Haha, or maybe not. But they're just adorable and I can't wait to see them tomorrow!

I have also seemed to grow a pair of balls and now trying to talk (or have talked) to guys I like. Improvement? I bloody think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment