Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ramblings

Sick for the second time this summer. I don't get it. I've been pretty healthy when I was in school and now it seems as if the plague is after me. Ugh. Well I shouldn't complain, it's not like I have a job or life that I would miss because of this sickness or anything.

On the brighter side of things, my mother bought Buckley's Complete and I've been chugging that stuff down as long as the dosage will allow. I love that stuff, it's like drinking liquid Vicks Vaporub (weird, I know. But it is soothing!). I have never had it before and I thought that it would taste like Jaegermeister, all herb-y and whatnot, but nope. It's like drinking Strepsils and Vicks. Speaking of Jaeger, I actually miss that stuff. I wouldn't buy it of course, but it was such a sure way to get hammered during my freshman year in university. I don't know what happened, but all I remember was that my floor mate poured shot after shot for me and the next thing I knew was that I was dancing with some unnamed boy. Well I think I remember his name. Eck, that was two years ago. Moving on...

I've watched three movies today. Yes, three movies. I'm that bored. I watched Bend It Like Beckham on cable this morning and I was sighing all over Jonathan Rhys Meyers from the moment he cropped up. Then I watched The Namesake with Kal Penn during lunch and then Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off after dinner with my mom and brother. Oh dear. I'm so bored. I'm supposed to be studying for my license. But I've accepted the fact that I'll never drive and just rely on the bus my entire life... until I marry someone who does drive. I'm kidding. I really should study for my license. But there's so much good books to read!

I've been reading the Tudor series by Philippa Gregory, and I am in love. Not with Henry VIII, ick (maybe if he looked like Jonathan Rhys Meyers...). He is such a tyrant. Now I know her novels aren't really historically accurate but there's no denying that the man was crazy. I requested The Queen's Fool from my local library but someone else has it so I also requested The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir, I hope it's good. I need something to whet my Tudor era appetite while I wait for The Queen's Fool.


Finally making my mint brownies tomorrow! Too bad I don't have green food coloring (or yellow, since I already have blue here), so they can't look like this


I wanted to make it nanaimo bar-style, with the brownie at the bottom, then the mint icing (I guess mine with either be variations of red and blue since that's all the food coloring I have here, or purple), then a chocolate ganache on top. I probably won't make the ganache, I like saving my chocolate chips for cookies. I'll try to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment