Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Of Season Finales - Grey's Anatomy Season 7


I know Izzie and George should not be there. What the hell happened to Izzie anyway? I really liked her.

It's been a while, and I'm not really sure whether I fully remember the episode but I shall try my best. I have been watching Grey's Anatomy religiously ever since it came out (okay, I might have missed half a season or something, but I did re-watch everything... I think). If you've watched that epic finale last season, of course you would expect a finale just as amazing or more for this season.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I understand that the characters need to grow and whatnot, but there were too many babies this season. While I do adore baby Sofia Robbins Sloan Torres (she's gonna enjoy writing that) and baby Zola with Meredith and Derek, Christina's pregnancy was overkill. I knew she was bound to get pregnant. Too much babies and pregnancies! Are they going to make a Kepner-Stark baby the next season? How about a Lexie baby, a Bailey baby? Ugh. Just too much babies in one season.

Speaking of Christina, which happens to be one of my favorites - I cannot believe that Owen threw her out because she did not want his child. I mean, it's Christina for goodness' sake, just by knowing her you'd know she wouldn't want children. It goes against everything she is, and Owen is stupid for not realizing that. But then again, Christina should have gotten her tubes tied or something if she really did not want kids. And did they even talk about children before getting married? Sigh. Well the episode ended with her scheduling an abortion, and we'll see in Season 8 if she gets it or not, but I think she will. I hope she and Owen patch up things too. I like them together.

Alex prattled to Owen while he was drunk (and possibly still suffering from his job being taken away from him by his "girlfriend") that Mer had meddled in the Alzheimer study she and Derek were doing. She was going to get fired, but then the Chief learned that she did it for his wife, and he settled on suspending her instead. Of course Derek is furious and calls Meredith a bad mother when they have their spat, and he doesn't answer her calls or comes back home to her that night (and most likely for the nights to follow). I've always loved Mer and Der together, but Derek is such an ass sometimes. How dare he call Meredith a bad mother, when she has been trying so hard in preparing to be a good mom to Zola? Ugh. Derek, you need a slap. I understand that what Meredith did compromised his study, but she is still his wife, and that insult was very low. He frustrates me, really.

I hate Sloan in this season. He's just pure ego now. I did not like it when he "gave away" Lexie to Avery. It was rude and unnecessary. I sort of don't like Lexie with Avery either, but now, I don't want Sloan for her. Let's just leave Lexiepedia alone. I like her single.

Congratulations to April Kepner for being Chief Resident! I don't have anything against the Mercy West invaders (as my sister calls them), but I wanted the Chief Resident to be someone from the original cast. I did feel very sorry for her when Owen announced her as the winner, and nobody congratulated her. Poor April.

Teddy and her "husband" - the only thing that I loved in that finale. I knew they were bound to fall in love along the way when she offered to marry him so that he could hop on her insurance. I really thought she was going to be with Andrew and fly off to Germany (or was it Russia?) and they were going to have beautiful "spatzle-eating babies". I mean, I would. I'd go with Andrew, just saying.

More Bailey and her hunky nurse man! She needs a break. I don't want them to get all loopy and romantic but I wish they would show them more, not just at the end of the episode.

This season finale was weird in a sense that it didn't leave me wanting for more, like it did last season. Of course I'll watch the Season 8 premiere, but meh. Could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment